Spinaker grew up in the BBQ starved state of Minnesota. People here are more likely to be eating hot dish or lutefisk than brisket and ribs. But he has always been drawn to outdoor cooking.
“My BBQ journey probably started where many others’ did; on the deck with my father. He loved to cook burgers and steaks on the grill for me and my three brothers, but we never really did any low and slow. As we grew up, I started cooking more and more and I fell in love with BBQ. I love how BBQ has that unique way of pulling people together. I love making BBQ, but nothing beats seeing the looks on peoples’ faces when they are enjoying every bite, together. I still reside in Minnesota and I work for a chemical trading firm based out of Minnetonka, MN.”
Spotlight on our favorite products
Amp Up Your Outdoor Cooking Game By Joining The Pitmaster Club
Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. Experience the countless benefits — from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more — by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! Get a free 30-day trial here.
– THIS IS NOT AN AD –
Spinaker is also an expert on cast iron cookware and how to restore it.
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.